Let me plant some seeds in the Universe real quick.
In California, where I’m at, we’re approaching the middle of September. Which means one of 3 things for me.
- MY BIRTHDAY IS IN A MONTH, TRICKS!
- HALLOWEEN IS COMING, TRICKS!
- The AUTUMNAL EQUINOX is here!
The 3 best things that could ever happen to me in life, will always, without fail, every year happen within about a month’s period. I feel blessed to be able to be charged with this much energy all at once.
My love affair with the Autumn quadrant of the Season Cycle was an indigenous one. I was always really sensitive to the transition from Summer to Fall, as a kid; Like, one of my first memories is of me, at like 3 or 4, standing in the driveway of my grandmother’s house, alone (where the hell ware you at, mom?). I’m wearing like 3 different scarves, some gloves, and warm boots, and I’m in the middle of deciding whether or not I want to take them off. Why? Because, although the Autumn wind down here in SoCal can be a bit nippy, the beating Sun will ALWAYS win in the RockPaperScizzors of what to wear. So I’m standing there, and I decide to get free, and take it off, take it off, take it all the way off.
It was then, that I believe I was blessed by the wind.
The gust blew through my hair all stereotypical-movie-like. I stood strong against the southwest breeze, on my Pocahontas type shit. The wind smelled good. Smelled happy. Smelled Free. My 4 year old body wiggled with GLEE. I felt soooooo amazing, and I think I went into a trance. Shit Got Real. A black crow came down to the ground level in front of me. We had a conversation. I don’t remember what we said, but we did communicate (this claim was later on verified by my grandfather who was peeking through the window in wonder and confusion). Something was made important for me in that breeze. Something was made sacred for me. Maybe I was made sacred for me.
Since then, the fall months of September, October, and November have been markers of personal milestones in my life, every year.
The Harvest months natural vibration is one of Reaping. Gathering. Whatever you’ve been putting intention into since that last December are all coming into physical fruition during this time. What have you been focusing on all year? If you could boil your whole January-August into one word, what would it be? What vibrational seeds did you plant in the spring? Whatever they were, be prepared to get real close to em’ this fall. The fruit will be ready to harvest. What you reaped, you will sow. If it’s good fruit, enjoy. If productivity is bad, then don’t fret. Just look back at the issue that may have born the ugly fruit, nip it in the bud, and get summo seeds planted. Fall is all about the return profit, and if you send out the energy, you WILL receive the return.
I feel a special energy with this one. Why? Because It’s the Autumn that I turn 21. It’s also the Autumn of this powerful year of 2012. It’s the marker for the beginning of my dreams solidifying into reality; I can FEEL it.
What does this all mean for ReadingsByOctober?
- Well, for one, it means I’m actually going to stop being so lazy and post on this shit more often.
- I would like to make this blog more spiritually holistic; I’m into more things than tarot. I want to talk more about evolutionary astrology, energies, nature cycles, good food, good music, good lovin’ and sex magic :D. I wanna talk about Frank Ocean, and his Sun/Mercury RX conjunction in Scorpio, and how that helps him develop a close connection with symbols. I wanna talk about the metaphysical benefits of twerking. I wanna talk about natural deodorant. I wanna talk about being a young black spiritual woman, in and out of the matrix. I wanna post my poems, and I wanna read yours. I wanna talk about Weed, Shrooms, Acid, DMT, and Ayahuasca like no one is afraid of them. I wanna talk about the lack of health food stores in low income communities. I wanna talk about fixing the worlds problems; not by fighting, but through meditation and meditation alone, because any darkness we see externally is a reflection of our internal darkness that can be breathed away. I wanna talk about Prince O
(+>and his awesome purpleness. I wanna talk about Venus/Penis and Vagina/Mars. I wanna talk TechnoSpirituality. I want people to tune inward.
Pretty much, I just want ReadingsByOctober to be a kick it spot,where the spiritually inclined folks of my generation, can come and trade stories/experiences, learn some shit, and spread some love around.
^There’s my seed. Let’s see if I can sow it before October.